The Benefits of Overdentures
Conventional dentures are often a big source of frustration for the wearer. Dentures can slip around in the mouth, they limit what you can eat, and sometimes they're uncomfortable to wear, too. If you're having problems with your dentures, it might be time to investigate the alternatives. One such alternative is overdentures, which are dentures that are stabilized by dental implants.
Overdentures Provide a Simple and Effective Solution
Overdentures are like a cross between conventional dentures and dental implants. With overdentures, the denture is stabilized with as little as four dental implants. The implants are placed directly into the jaw bone and through a process called osseointegration, the implant fuses to the bone. The secured implant will mimic natural tooth roots, promote bone regeneration, and act as a permanent anchor for the final restoration. Because implant supported dentures eliminate movement, there is less wear and tear on the denture, gum tissue is not irritated and patients enjoy the freedom a full set of teeth can accrue.
Reasons to Explore Dental Implant Supported Dentures
In the past, traditional dentures were a popular option for patients will missing teeth. With technology advancements, overdentures have proven to be more successful over time. The initial investment brings improved benefits that include:
- They do not limit what foods you can eat
- They will not slip when talking, laughing, coughing, or eating
- Overdentures sit on the implants, not your gums for a more comfortable experience
- Patients will not have to relearn how to speak or eat as with traditional dentures
- By strengthening bone, implants help support overall facial structure
- Minimizes future dental care to make long term oral health more affordable over time
Interested in Overdentures? Contact Us Today
If you're currently wearing conventional dentures, upgrading to overdentures can be life-changing. To schedule a consultation to discuss your denture options, call us at the Pacific View Dental Group.
Share this Post!